Continuous Agile Chartering is a "new" Agile Practice for super-charging your enterprise's Agile journey. Continuous Agile Chartering promotes self-organisation. It will connect stakeholders with developers, and it will help you optimise your planning. In this hand-on workshop, I will introduce you to this "new" Agile Practice. I'll invite you to try it out.
This workshop is for facilitators, team coaches and product owners. It's for curious enterprise leaders and development managers. I also invite the technical developers. This practice must work for you, and we must include you as we inspect and adapt.
Charting and Continuous Agile Chartering are practices made for co-located teams working in the same room. I've found they move easily online. Continuous Agile Chartering offers natural templates for distributed teams and stakeholders working over Zoom (and other communications tools).
WOULD YOU LIKE MORE INFORMATION BEFORE COMMITTING TO THIS SESSION?
What is an Agile Charter
An Agile Charter builds a shared understanding between agile team members and stakeholders. A good Agile Charter builds a shared understanding in three important areas.
- The team's purpose in relation to the product.
- Their alignment together as a team.
- The greater context in which they operate.
What is Continuous Agile Chartering
You might think that Agile Chartering is a one time activity. Or at best, a big event that you do once in a blue moon. We may even struggle between events to keep the charter updated.
If chartering is good, what happens when you do more chartering?
In the spirit of eXtreme Programming, let's take this good practice and make sure it's agile by taking it to extremes. Let's make good chartering practices continuous. We've already done that with integration and deployment after all.
Agile Chartering will enhance your quarterly release planning—not to mention your big room SAFe PI planning. But, I've also used Agile Chartering successfully with teams to upgrade the results of every sprint planning meeting.
You'll be surprised. Continuous Agile Chartering also really super-charges daily standups in a 15-minute timebox.
Let's explore this practice.
This session will NOT be recorded. Attendance is first come, first serve.
This session will be delivered on Zoom.
* **Identify** the scope of your planning horizons.
* **Explain** ways that focus on each area of an agile charter can improve self-organisation and agility at every planning horizon (including the daily standup).
* **Use** the charter-mat to place new, *continuous* focus on **Purpose**, **Alignment**, and **Context** in order to make a plan for your Agile discovery and delivery.
* **Create** new *continuous* engagement with your sponsors in a way that leads to better outcomes for everyone.
* **Find** and **Name** varied and appropriate facilitation activities you can use for your planning events (both in the room and on Zoom)